Puppy Zen Virtual Puppy School
In these extraordinary times we still have to care for our wee puppies and ensure they get the best start we can possibly give them. Given the limited ability to socialise your pup and with puppy schools closing down, I have launched a virtual puppy school.
There is a critical time in a puppy’s life, called the Formative Period, where training is essential as they can learn skills and social behaviours quickly and easily. Miss it, and you could have a lifetime of problem behaviours. Make the most of it, and you will have a happy lifelong bond with your pup.
We can’t change the timing of when we must lay these critical foundations down so we have to do the best we can now.
Whether your pup is 8 week or 24 weeks this school will be critical in establishing their foundations for life. If you have an older pup then we call this taking them back to the den – heading back to those critical formative weeks to ensure sound lifelong foundational skills are effectively laid down.
Cost $75/month (equates to $18.75/week).
This is a monthly subscription so you will be charged monthly, you can unsubscribe at any time.
- How to housetrain your pup
- Manage vocalisation and bite inhibition
- Build a bomb proof bond with your pup
- Ensure you avoid separation distress issues by teaching your pup to separate from you even when you are home all day
- Work around options for the limited socialisation opportunities currently available while we are all in lockdown
- Build resilience to noise, novelty and change
- Create a shared language including establishing the 10 basic commands
- Create enrichment, play and exercise options
A critical month to ensure the foundations we started to lay consolidate and hard wire both in ourselves and our pups as they mature and become more externally focused.
Last month we put down all the foundations and it was a lot of information. This month we support you to integrate all you have learnt into your unique circumstances. Whether your pup was 8 weeks or 20 weeks, last month we aimed to ensure all foundations were in established.
This month we build on those foundations and learn how to :
- Integrate the 8 activity areas to solidify our shared language
- Hard wiring this knowledge in ourselves and our pups through lots of practice
- Extend our training into increasing complex environments
- Troubleshooting our unique experience
Our pups are now maturing and want to engage more in the external world – we want them to learn how to do this, giving them more freedom while still maintaining their contact and bond with us. This is the training challenge in month two.
We are going to start pushing your and your pup’s boundaries testing them in more complex spaces so it could feel a bit like 2 steps forward, one step back but the critical thing is be consistent and persist with your training. We are here for you and your have built that strong bond and resilience in your pup so you are a long way ahead!
Month 3 – Proofing into the world
In this final month we ensure you are supported as you extend and proof your training into the big, wide, noisy world. It’s critical this extension into the noisy, distracting world is done systematically and gradually to ensure your pup and your training succeed at each step. Push too fast and you can undo all your previous great training work.
This month we show you how to graduate your training so it’s proved in various complex situations and help you fade your training tools.
Now more than ever it’s critical you lay down these essential foundations.
Mark will help you develop creative ways to achieve these things even as we stay in social isolation.
Come Join Mark as he too is raising two border collie puppies so you can watch in real time what Mark does when to raise a happy, bonded, stable pup. Here’s a sneak peak of puppies at 5 weeks trained the Puppy Zen way
What you will get:
- Access to exclusive content (members only)
- 3-5 weekly videos from Mark, outlining tasks for the day – Q&As available in comments sections
- 1-2 Facebook Live sessions – watch Mark live training his puppies and ask him questions.
Who is this for?
- Puppy owners (pups up to 6 months of age)
- Puppy school trainers wishing to extend their knowledge
- Prospective owners preparing for a new pup
- Anyone who loves dogs and wishes to extend their knowledge (puppies not compulsory!)