Puppy Zen – Virtual Puppy School
There is a critical time in a puppy’s life called the Formative Period, where training is essential as they can learn skills and social behaviours quickly and easily. Miss it, and you could have a lifetime of problem behaviours. Make the most of it, and you will have a happy lifelong bond with your pup.
My online Puppy School is designed to teach you everything you need to know about raising and training a puppy! While traditional puppy schools are fantastic for socialisation, there’s little opportunity for learning with all that fun and chaos of multiple pups in a room together.
Whether your pup is 8 week or 20 weeks, this school will be critical in establishing training foundations for life. Learn to train your pup the right way (in a way your pup actually understands!) and set yourself up for a relaxed, enjoyable and stress-free life with your new pup.
Cost $75/month (equates to $18.75/week).
This is a monthly subscription so you will be charged monthly, you can unsubscribe at any time.
The first month will be focused on laying down all the critical foundations so you create a resilient, happy pup.
- How to housetrain your pup
- Manage vocalisation and biting/nipping behaviour
- Build a bomb proof bond with your pup
- Ensure you avoid separation distress issues by teaching your pup to separate from you even if you are home all day
- Socialisation (the most important thing!) and work-around options for the limited socialisation opportunities while your pup is in its vaccination period
- Build resilience to noise, novelty and change to prevent phobias developing
- Create a shared language including establishing the 10 basic commands
- Enrichment, play and exercise options
A critical month to ensure the key foundations are hard-wired into your pup as they mature and become more externally focused.
As your pup matures, they may become more stubborn and focused on the external world (and less on you) so this is an essential time to follow through and lock in the good behaviours.
This month we build on the Month 1 foundations and learn how to:
- Integrate the 8 activity areas from Month 1 to solidify your shared language with your pup
- Hard-wire the behaviours you’ve taught your pup through lots of practise
- Extend your training into increasingly complex and distracting environments (when your pup’s ears seem to switch off)
- Troubleshoot your unique experience, as all pups are different
- Identify some common training mistakes and how to fix them
- Desensitise your pup to more new experiences and stimuli
- Proper socialisation when your pup is out of the vaccination period
Our pups are now maturing and want to engage more in the external world – we want them to learn how to do this, giving them more freedom while still maintaining their contact and bond with us. This is the training challenge in Month 2.
We are going to start pushing youand your pup’s boundaries bytesting them in more complex spaces. It could feel a bit like two steps forward, one step back but the critical thing is to be consistent and persist with your training. We are here for you and you will have built that strong bond and resilience in your pup so you are a long way ahead!
In this final month we ensure you are supported as you extend and proof your training into the big, wide, noisy world. It’s critical this extension into the noisy, distracting world is done systematically and gradually to ensure your pup and your training succeed at each step. Push too fast and you can undo all your previous great training work.
This month we show you how to graduate your training so it’s proved in various complex situations . We also help you fade your training tools, so you are no longer reliant on a clicker and food rewards to get the behaviour you want from your pup.
Stay until Month 3, and get access to all the learning material free for the next 12 months, so you can refer back to the training videos whenever you need to!
Now more than ever it’s critical you lay down these essential foundations.
Set yourself up for a happy, well-behaved and well-bonded dog for life!
Throughout the Virtual Puppy School videos, you’ll watch Mark raising two border collie puppies so you can see what Mark does when to raise a happy, bonded, stable pup.
What you will get:
- Access to exclusive content (members only)
- step by step guide per week
- Access to Mark’s Senior Dog Trainers to ask questions as you goWeekly
- Facebook Live sessions to ask Mark questions and get responses directly in real time
Who is this for?
- Puppy owners (pups up to 5 months of age)
- Puppy school trainers wishing to extend their knowledge
- Prospective owners preparing for a new pup
- Anyone who loves dogs and wishes to extend their knowledge (puppies not compulsory!)