Teenage Puppy Zen – Virtual School for Teenage Pups
Teenage puppies (5-18 months) come with their own unique challenges, driven by hormonal and developmental changes occurring as your pup matures and their focus shifts away from you to the many delightful distractions in the big, wide, world!
Our Virtual School for Teenage Pups will guide you through these tumultuous months, helping you train your older pup in the right way to ensure you nip any emerging behavioural issues in the bud, resulting in a dog that is beautifully well-behaved and tightly bonded to you.
Cost $75/month (equates to $18.75/week).
This is a monthly subscription so you will be charged monthly, you can unsubscribe at any time.
With teenage pups we often see:
- A tendency to become more stubborn and outwardly focused
- Emerging behaviour issues such as dominance, fear, separation distress, predatory behaviour, hyperactivity or poor recall
- A perfectly behaved pup at home who stops obeying commands while out and about
- A pup that seems to go backwards in their training
- A need for more exercise and stimulation
- Over-the-top reactions to certain things
This online school will help you understand your teenage pup’s behaviour, and teach you training techniques designed to help you avoid a lifetime of bad habits and prevent these behaviour issues from becoming firmly established.
Puberty is a normal and healthy part of your pup’s development, and it is our job to guide them through it so that they have a positive outlet for their teenage energy, and understand what is appropriate behaviour in our human world.
There are 5 critical areas we will focus on:
Consolidating Foundations: Ensuring your pup knows all the core training foundations e.g. house training, basic commands, strong bond with you as their mentor, socialisation, walking on-lead etc.
Proofing: extending foundational training behaviours into increasingly complex environments.
Troubleshooting: helping you deal with your pup’s teenage-specific issues before they become established behaviour problems
Strengthening the bond: strengthening your bond with your dog, so they look to you for direction in any situation, despite the ever-more seductive distractions of the external environment
Enrichment: to keep your active puppy stimulated and engaged (this also helps build good behaviour!)
Now more than ever it’s critical you lay down these essential foundations.
What you will get:
- Access to exclusive content (members only)
- Access to an exclusive, members-only Facebook group where you can connect with other puppy owners going through the same things as you and our Senior Dog Trainers
- More than 50 short training videos, covering everything from the puppy-training basics through to building a bond with your pup, trouble-shooting emerging behaviour issues and proofing behaviours you’ve taught out in the real world
- Access to Mark and his Senior Dog Trainers to ask questions as you go. We are here to support you with your training!
- 3-4 Facebook Live sessions per month to ask Mark questions and get responses directly in real time
Who is this for?
- Owners of teenage pups (5 – 18 months)
- Those who’ve completed our Virtual Puppy School who want to take their critical early training and grow it into their pup’s next development stage
- Anyone concerned about their young dog’s emerging behavioural issues
Join us and other owners who have enjoyed the safe, informative, interactive learning environment. And it’s fun!