Teenage Puppy Zen Virtual School for Teenage Pups
Our Virtual School for Teenage Pups is designed to help guide you through the unique challenges of your pup’s teenage months. Huge developmental and hormonal changes during this time can mean that your pup becomes more focused on the outside world, and less interested in what you have to say! This is an incredibly important time to support your pup and continue training in the right way to ensure you nip any emerging behavioural issues in the bud, and come through these tumultuous months with a dog that is beautifully well-behaved and tightly bonded to you. Your pup needs you during this time to guide the way!
Cost $75/month (equates to $18.75/week).
This is a monthly subscription so you will be charged monthly, you can unsubscribe at any time.
With Teenage pups we often see:
- A tendency to become more stubborn and outwardly focused
- Emerging behaviour issues such as dominance, fear, separation distress, predatory behaviour, hyperactivity or poor recall
- A perfectly behaved pup at home who stops obeying commands while out and about
- A pup that seems to go backwards in their training
- A need for more exercise and stimulation
- Over-the-top reactions to certain things
These are all symptoms of emerging issues that are best resolved now. Understanding these and being shown how to build on your puppy training prevents these behaviour issues from becoming established.
This online school will guide you through the confusing teenage period, with training techniques designed to help you avoid building a lifetime of bad habits, and ensure you come through this period with a beautifully well-behaved dog who is deeply bonded to you.
Puberty is a normal and healthy part of your pup’s development, but it is our job to guide them through it so that they have a positive outlet for their teenage energy, and understand what is appropriate behaviour in our human world.
There are 5 critical areas we will focus on:
Consolidating Foundations: Ensuring your pup knows all the core training foundations e.g. house training, basic commands, strong bond with you as their mentor, socialisation, walking on-lead etc.
Proofing: extending foundational training behaviours into increasingly complex environments.
Troubleshooting: helping you deal with your pup’s teenage-specific issues before they become established behaviour problems
Strengthening the bond: strengthening your bond with your dog, so they look to you for direction in any situation, despite the ever-more seductive distractions of the external environment
Enrichment: to keep your active puppy stimulated and engaged (this also helps build good behaviour!)
Now more than ever it’s critical you lay down these essential foundations.
What you will get:
- Access to exclusive content (members only)
- Access to an exclusive, members-only Facebook group where you can connect with other puppy owners going through the same things as you and our Senior Dog Trainers
- More than 50 short training videos, covering everything from the puppy-training basics through to building a bond with your pup, trouble-shooting emerging behaviour issues and proofing behaviours you’ve taught out in the real world
- Access to Mark and his Senior Dog Trainers to ask questions as you go. We are here to support you with your training!
- Weekly Facebook Live sessions to watch Mark training, ask questions and get responses in real time
Who is this for?
- Owners of teenage pups (5 – 18 months)
- Those who’ve completed our Virtual Puppy School who want to take their critical early training and grow it into their pup’s next development stage
- Anyone concerned about their young dog’s emerging behavioural issues
Join us and other owners who have enjoyed the safe, informative, interactive learning environment. And it’s fun!