Teenage puppies (5-18 months) go through huge hormonal and developmental changes, which can result in them being distracted, stubborn, naughty, ignoring commands or starting to show behaviour issues. Our course covers all the basic puppy training AND how to nip teenage issues in the bud so they don’t become a lifetime of problem behaviour.
- Skills you’ll use for your dog’s whole life
- Training techniques for teenage pups
- The 10 basic commands for bomb proof obedience
- How to solve emerging behaviour issues
- Address lead pulling, biting, barking, fears, reactivity, aggression, separation issues & hyperactivity
- Step by step video guidance from Mark Vette
- Detailed troubleshooting if things go awry
- Dog training team on hand help
- Facebook Live sessions for direct one-on-one advice
- Access to our incredible support group of puppy owners and trainers!
Overcome training challenges with our easy-to-follow training videos and personalised support from our expert dog training team.
This is a monthly subscription, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Training a young pup or an older dog?
We have options for young puppies (0-5 months) and older dogs (18 months+) with age-specific techniques to help you raise and train a puppy from scratch, or solve behavioural issues with an older dog.
STAGE 1: FOUNDATIONS
Set up for success
- Understand your teenage pup
- Learn how to be a good trainer
- Read your dog’s behaviour & learn how to respond
- Set up for success
- Key training tools
STAGE 2: SETTLING IN YOUR NEW TEENAGE PUP
Everything you need to know to prepare for your older pup’s arrival
- Everything you need to know if your pup is new
- House training set up
- Introductions to family members & other pets
- Introduce the clicker
STAGE 3: BASIC TRAINING FOUNDATIONS
Teach all the basics and prevent behaviour issues developing
- Build a bond with your pup (so your pup ACTUALLY listens to you!)
- Basic commands
- Separation training
- House training
- Prevent fears, phobias & anxieties
- Prevent behaviour issues
STAGE 4: PROOFING
Ensure pup listens at home AND out and about
- Hardwire in the behaviours you’ve taught
- Proof commands so that your pup listens and responds anytime, anywhere!
- Test your pup in more distracting places
- Remove the training tools
- Handle unexpected situations
STAGE 5: ENRICHMENT
Engage your pup’s brain & provide enrichment to their life
- Enrichment & exercise advice
- Practical ways to stimulate your pup
STAGE 6: CASE STUDIES
Integrate your training & handle emerging issues
- Case studies with different pups and their challenges
- Destructive behaviour, dog reactivity, people reactivity, bird reactivity, hyperactivity, not listening, poor recall
STAGE 7: TROUBLESHOOTING
Treat behavioural issues
- Destructive behaviours
- Dog-dog aggression
- Human-oriented aggression
- Excessive submission
- House training
- Hyperactivity & lead pulling
- Noise phobias
- Separation distress
CAN I REALLY TRAIN MY PUP ONLINE?
YES! Train with us and you’ll learn exactly how to read, understand and train your dog – for life. Plus, you’re not alone! Mark and our training team are on hand to help you through the course with personalised advice whenever you need. That means you get the best of both worlds.
THROUGHOUT THE COURSE, YOU’LL GET:
- A full and COMPLETE guide to raising and training your teenage pup
- Personalised help from my dog training team whenever you need
- Facebook Live sessions with me for direct one-on-one advice
- Access to a members-only Facebook Group to ask questions & connect with our puppy training community
- Train in your own time
- Understand WHY you’re doing what you’re doing so you grow your skills as a trainer
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Owners of teenage pups (5 – 18 months)
- Those who’ve completed our Virtual Puppy School who want to take their critical early training and grow it into their pup’s next development stage
- Anyone concerned about their young dog’s emerging behavioural issues